Saturday, November 04, 2006

Renovating Over



I am so glad to say that. I have lived in filth for the last 3 weeks, but now my house is clean... yeh!! LOL
I have de-grouted 325 large floor tiles in the last 8 days with a small hand tool, (my hand is very tender and bruised in some places, it is set like concrete in some places), painted my kitchen/dining room and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned.

I finished ripping out all the grout at 8pm last night and started cutting in with the paint. Each 'cutting in' took over two hours, so I did this while listening to Con Air on the TV last night. This morning I got up and rolled, cut in and rolled again and finished at 1.00 this arvo. I then cleaned for over 4 hours. The grout and plaster dust from the kitchen reno's was everywhere.

All in all I am very tired however happy because I have a clean house and all the major stuff is now over. We will have the pergola concreted soon and then there are all those tid-fidly thing you need to do to finish off everything.

Kane is at Derby Day today so I have done most of the work. I'm so glad it's over. I am going to get changed soon into PJ's and watch another episode of 'Band of Brothers'. See I only blog when I have time and that is also the same time I can watch 'Band of Brothers' LOL. I might paint my nails and have a malibu and diet coke.

So with all my hard work last week I haven't done any exercise however all the de-grouting and painting must account for something!!!!

I am getting up for a walk tomorrow morning and then doing nothing, nothing... oh that sounds nice.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

All your hard work truly paid off!!

It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

WELL DONE!!

XX - Michelle

Miss Positive said...

Hey Kelly your kitchen looks great! Its very rewarding once done, but OMG its hard work isn't it?!!

Great job!

Hilary xx

little rene said...

Fantastic! I LOVE before and after photos. I am going to post my own soon. They never actually reflect the AMOUNT of work involved though. All of the little tedious jobs that are SO painful.

Hope you have plans to cook up a storm in this awesome kitchen!

love

renexxx

SeLiNa said...

Hey Kelly, looks great!!
All that hard work pays off doesn't it!!!

Bec said...

Hi Kelly,

Your kitchen looks awesome. I hope you got to have that rest afterall.

Have a fab weekend
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hey there Kelly. Your kitchen looks pretty fantastic. Renovations are never easy but they're great once they're finished. Good stuff.

Donna