Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Week

Hiiiii!

Last week was very busy. I had a new student enrol on Monday and he has tipped my 'nice' class upside down. He turns 5 in April and so only just scraps in with his age. We are thinking about suggesting to his Mum that he goes back to pre-school because although he is academically able, he is very socially immature. English is his third language and he has been very naughty!!!!
I had my first class of yoga on Monday. It went for two hours. I am doing Dru Yoga with is mainly stretching, slow movements and relaxation techniques. I feel asleep during the meditation session at the end and slept really well that night and most of this week. I think the 'natural' pills/tonic from the naturopath is really helping to control my stress levels as well.
My cat got bitten by a black snake on Monday arvo. BF let her in a 4.00 after school. Around 6pm I noticed she really wasn't too steady on her feet. We rang the night vet at 8.30 and um-ed and ah-ed about taking her in, but it was $150 call out and although I love my cat I didn't think it was 'that' serious on Monday night. She was a little worse the next morning so I took her in at 10.15am. As soon as the vet saw her he said it was snake bite. So my baby Ali was in hospital for 3 nights/4 days on a drip. Luckily she did not need anti-venom as it alone costs between $480-$600 depending on the snake. All up it cost $418 and now she has to stay inside for a whole week. It is killing her already! My other cat has not stopped spitting and hissing at her since she came home and is still doing it 2 days later. I think he liked being the man of the house and having all the attention to himself. Ali just looks at him as if he is an absolute dickhead! I Don't blame her because that is what I'm thinking! Luckily it is not upsetting her.

Above is the arrogant little shit that is hissing at my beautiful baby below. Isn't she sweet... And I am very luck that she is still alive.

I went back to the doc about my cholesterol issue and she wants to try lowering it with diet.

So... choose lean meats - check, cut fat of all meat - check, choose low fat dairy products - check, no takeaway food (I only do this once a week at the most and we don't have pizza or any crap it might be some rice from the noodle box in Wodonga) No snack foods, well I rarely have these. So all in all I am already doing everything she wants me to do. The consultation took 5 minutes and they were going to sting me $50!!!!!! I did the sob story about waiting longer than I was even in the bloody room. At least she was probably running on time again after me! So they bulk-billed me!!!!! YES!!! What a lovely lady she was...


That's about it for the week, we are almost ready to have the concrete poured in the pergola area, so no more dirt and sand inside.. yayyyy! :)

4 comments:

Miss Positive said...

OMG Kelly that is scary about your kitty!! So glad to hear that she is ok now - I hate it when the animals get sick, they're my babies!

That yoga sounds like just what I need. I have a yoga video, but I think doing a class would be better. 2 hours is full-on!

Hilary xx

jodie said...

I love your pics of your kitty kats. too cute. Glad to hear she is doing ok now.

Jodie
xx

Bec said...

Oh Kelly, how scary about your kitty kat. I am glad that she is ok though. You poor thing, what a scare.

I hope that the yoga is good. I am not very good at yoga, I think I just have too much happening in my head to settle down and breathe. Lol.

Have a nice week
Rebecca

SeLiNa said...

grr i hate that with doctors too. i've never thought to try a sob story though, i can't believe she bulk-billed u!! u must have a nice doc :)
And you have a FIVE year old that has english as a THIRD language?! My god, he must be a smart little cookie!!