Sunday, February 04, 2007

February already!!!!

Hello everyone.

It has been a hot couple of days this past week and it will continue to be as well I'm afraid. It's been in the high 30's so far, supposed to be up around 40 today and 39 for the next two days!

The start of the school year has good relatively well, a few issues, but nothing too major to share. I've got to do some planning work today so I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week with the kiddies.

I've done 1 load of washing, one is getting washed as I type and I have another load of whites to soak afterwards, (all going out onto the lawn as grey water). Even though it's a drought, Wodonga is only on level 1 water restrictions at the moment. I can't quite understand it! I think we must be nearly the only town in Victoria not on at least level 3 restrictions. We are allowed to water our garden every second day between 8pm-10pm and between 6am-8am. I've let the lawn die, but it's amazing how it comes up again with the grey water from the washing machine.

I went to netball training on Thursday night and it was pretty light going. It was still very hot though and I had a headache afterwards. I made sure I drank plenty of water before, during and after, but still running on asphalt is pretty hot.

I start yoga this Wednesday which will be nice, it will help to keep my stress-head at bay. I've been taking some supplements from the naturapath to help with my stress and I really think it is helping as well.

We went swimming last night out at Yackandandah, we took out some drinks and then went on a mini pub crawl, I was driving so i only managed 3 bourbons for the whole night. My BF was s**t-faced, I have some wonderful shots of him sitting in a bin cupboard in the TAB section at the pub!

I'm not sure if I mentioned a few posts back that I had to get some blood tests done to check cholesterol and other stuff. High cholesterol runs in my family and my Nan had open heart surgery in Dec as a complication of high cholesterol. Anyway, I have high cholesterol!!!! I am 26, I do exercise, I eat pretty well and I have a reading of 7.2!! It should be under 3. So I'm back to the doctor on Tuesday to find out what to do next. I've spoken to my naturapath and I think I'm going to try to control it with natural supplements and diet for 6 months and see if I can get it down. I don't know how this will go, hereditary high cholesterol can usually only be controlled by medication. My Mum tried to control hers with diet, she lost weight, but her cholesterol went up. The only thing that works for her is medication, it's the same with my Nan, my uncle and my Aunts!

OK, my 2nd load has finished, best put on the 3rd load of whites to soak,
Cheers.

Kelly

4 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Wow - level 1 water restrictions... I cant even remember what they were like! We're on level 4 here in Brisbane, and soon to be level 5 I think. That will be tough!

That is bad news about the cholesterol, I hope that you are able to lower it naturally!

Have fun doing yoga!

Hilary xx

jodie said...

Hi Kelly
We are on Level 1 water restrictions too (I am in Mildura). Its really bizarre isn't it?? But seems because we both live on the Murray we are exempt to the drought, which is crap.

I hope your cholesterol issue gets sorted out, least you are trying to find a solution now at a relative young age, and not finding out when its too late.

Enjoy yoga i love it! I should do more of it.
Jodie
xx

Shar said...

Glad your start to the schol year was smooth.

Let us know how you go with yoga?

and good luck in the quest to lower yuor cholesterol.
Shar :)

Unknown said...

I agree with the others, hopefully you will be able to get your cholesterol down naturally and soon. It is hilarious seeing the partners drunk! Well that and annoying! Those photos would be hilarious!! LOL
:o)

K