Monday, March 05, 2007

Pergola nearly finished

Today we had the pergola concrete poured. I got a charcoal colour put into the concrete and they have also left some colour powder on top, I suppose this does something. It also has a 'rock' look stamp as well. It is not quite ready yet, it still needs to be acid cleaned and have a clear varnish put on as a top layer. Apparently to test what it will look like with the varnish layer on as well, just wet it. Well I wasn't going to wet my new concrete but there was a little left over to the side, with a little water... presto!!!! Exactly what I wanted, so what you see in the photos is not quite what it ill look like after the varnish. Anyway have a squizzzz....





1 comment:

Bec said...

Hi Kelly,

The Pergola looks awesome!! I love the stone look on the concrete. Very nice.

I am still trying to get my building plans right so I am about to go through all the heart ache too!

Cheers
Rebecca