Friday, March 30, 2007

Trying week

These past few days have been very trying. On Tuesday night I started to get cramps after dinner, these kept up for most of Wednesday as well, around 5pm it went from slight and I mean slight cramps that I'd feel every ten minutes to OMG cramps. They started and within 2 minutes of immense pain the bottom end wasn't feeling too well. The cramps are still hanging around at the moment and so is the diarrhoea.

But that isn't the worst of it. BF Kane started to get a headache at school around 1pm. This progressively got worse and at 4pm he went home even though we had meetings. I got home around 5, (with said explosion!!) and he was in a bad way. A friend had driven me home as BF had taken the car to leave early. My friend gave him some strong headache tablets that she gets sent over from the US and he went and lay down. After about 2 hours I rang his sister- in-law who is an ED nurse from Albury and asked what we should do, she suggested more panadol and then if he still doesn't improve take him to the ED in Wodonga. He did improve slightly, but started to go down hill around 10.30 again. At 11pm we went to Wodonga ED, after initial discussion they thought he had a migraine, they were going to keep him in for a drip and some meds. Kane told me to go home to sleep and he'd call to pick him up, estimated time 2 hours.

I woke at 5am and I still hadn't had a phone call. After headache medication didn't work they did a spinal tap... he had viral meningitis!

So he has been in Hospital since Wed night and just came home this arvo. happily playing the PS2 :)

So the past week has been hard. Luckily it is school holidays though, I am exhausted and run down, with these cramps and diarrhoea, a cold sore (I haven't had cold sores for 5 years), and a pimple break out... I need the rest.

OK whinge done. I'm out for tea tonight with netball club, not that I feel like it much, but they are getting a bit ansy about not enough commitment from some people (hope it wasn't me). Practice match tomorrow, one on Monday and Wednesday next week.

Catch ya later,
Kelly

3 comments:

Kristy said...

That's really tuff when you are both feeling sick. I hope you both are feeling better soon.

SeLiNa said...

Hey Kel!
Congratulations on your job OS!! SOunds like you're needing a bit of a break/lifestyle change, so here's hoping that will do the trick. How very exciting!!
Hope both you and Kane are feeling better, sux one being sick but even worse when both are, coz there's no one to wait on yoU!!!
xoxo

jodie said...

Hope you are both are better and on the mend. Sucks being sick on your holidays, but least it will give you time to recuperate.