Monday, March 26, 2007

I might have confused you :)

Sorry guys I should have explained more (doh).

The school is called Singapore International School, but it is actually in Suzhou with is 50 minutes train ride from Shanghai in China. So I'll be in China. The name is very confusing, but it has something to do with the Singapore Industrial Park that is in Suzhou, it was a joint venture between China and Singapore, so the school was built to teach Singaporean children 'Western/English education'. So I'll be living in China, but teaching what I teach now, with a Chinese teacher to help in the room, with hardly any behaviour problems, but with heaps of kids who still don't know how to speak English yet or have a different 1st language (ESL English as a 2nd Language).

It will be fun, but hard work!

Kelly

No comments: