Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Busy Long Weekend

Sick of being sick!
I've been feeling under the weather the past two-ish weeks. I had a fair break from netty with gastro etc, but last Thursday was the clincher! I'd had a headache in my right eye for several days and so on Thursday last I made an appointment to go see the doc. I have had women's trouble for years now, which seemed to have be corrected with surgery two years ago, no no, says the body of late! Terrible pain, irregular and spotting as well as affecting the bedroom fun! (Sorry) So I'm going to the gyno next Thursday so I can get this sorted before OS in August.
But I also mentioned my eye and that the back of my neck was a little stiff as well. She said to rest a little and it should get better, probably a little stress. This headache spread as the day went on, so I thought, lets get some fresh air, so off for a power walk with the boy. I got home and decided to have a bath to relax, buy the time I got out of the bath it was thumping. Off to bed I went with some panadol. I woke at 2.30 and had some asplagin (codine and aspirin) and then woke again at 4.30, this time I had some tramol, (this make my drowsy and dizzy). Almost got Kane to take me to the hospital at this stage. I got out of bed at 10am and felt shit. I asked Kane to take me to the hospital and threw up in the car on the way, (lucky I had a bucket!) They took me straight in although there were others in the waiting area. Whacked a drip in gave me some morphine and were going to do a spinal tap for viral meningitis, like what Kane had. Anyway the big ED doc decided against this as it could make my headache worse. So by 5pm I was feeling a little better, but exhausted. It was either meningitis or a migraine, I still don't know. I was pretty pale for a few days after.

My Mum was coming up to stay from Traralgon. But because I could be contagious she wouldn't come near me, (she is caring for my sick Grandparents). So this Easter was not what it was supposed to be.

I woke up this morning and went for a run, but I am exhausted from it. Probably not quite ready for that, so an early night is on the cards tonight. I went and had micro-dermabraision done at the beautician to try and help with some break outs, but I think they are more a hormonal problem rather than anything else. I feels like you are being sand blasted if anyone is wondering. It's a busy week although I have still got a weeks holiday to go. Goes something like this:
Today - Micro-dermabraision, house evaluation (to see haw much all our reno's have increased it's price) and optomitrist appointment to get my eye's checked as there is still pain in my right eye from either the migraine or meningitis.
Tomorrow -de-fuzzing, and the man in coming to discuss the transportation of our belongings to China and a light netball training
Thursday - new hair-do and netball training/introduction at Eskdale.
Friday is free at this stage
Saturday - First game of the season.

I am hoping this sickness has passed now, but I wouldn't hold my breath... Kane is coming down with something, (he's quite a sook when he is sick!), so I'm laying into some echinacea and garlic a couple of times a day:) .

See you later everyone, there are some wonderful transformation photos coming up on various blogs at the moment... well done girls.

8 comments:

stacytoby said...

You poor thing Kelly, you and your boy have certainly been in the wars lately! Get well soon! :)

Stacy

Kristy said...

What a terrible weekend. I hope you and your partner are feeling better soon.

jodie said...

sounds like we both had sucky Easter weekends. I hope you are on the mend. Not much fun being sick.
Jodie
xx

jodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Kelly just wanted to let you know that my blog has moved to this address http://smiley-gal.blogspot.com/ due to troubles with a training partner. Sorry for messing you round :(

Miss Positive said...

Wow Kelly you had a terrible weekend! I hope you are feeling better by now, listen to your body and rest when you need it.

Hope this weekend is better!

Hilary xx

Unknown said...

Hope you feeling better now! Thank you for your lovely comment on my old blog! New one:
http://k-backonthefitnesswagon.blogspot.com/
:o)

Shar said...

Not a good run lately hey!?

Hope you are both starting to feel and get better.

Shar x