Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hello there...

Well hello there everyone.
I am a free woman! No work or anything to do. Can you hear how bored I sound? We had our worldly possessions packed on Tuesday and sent off on a ship to China. I am living out of several large suitcases and toiletry bags at the moment. I may have to 'cull' further before I leave.

My house is clean, bags packed, I can't change any addresses yet... oh the boredom of a life of luxury! Soooooooo, I bought a book! It's called 'A Very Short History of the World' by Geoffrey Blainey. It's a bit heavy, but I do love history.

We bought a new laptop last Friday and so I am typing on it right now. It's a Toshiba Satellite A200/C00, it has Core2 Duo processor and runs with Windows Vista instead of XP. We have also downloaded a trial of Office 2007 which is a novelty, I usually get the latest office 2 years after it's out. Trust me it very different, especially Word07!!!!!

We also got a lot of movies from a friend the other day, but you know what? I am so not in the mood for hard core movies- Give me the midday movie at the moment. BF been watching shooting movies and horror, I think it was Wolf Creek yesterday, not my type at all. I really enjoyed Miss Potter... that's my type of happy feel good movie.

This weekend has multiple happenings. It is Kane's 30th birthday tomorrow and so we are having a b'day party for him, my step Dad and myself, as we all have our birthday's in July. This is happening on Saturday night out at the Stanley Pub which is close to Beechworth. Why all the way out there I hear you ask????? We play against Beechworth in the footy/netball this Saturday and so I thought lets do something different. I have ordered a marble mud cake from the cheesecake shop to take out, so that will be very yummy. All my family are coming up from all over the state to watch me play my LAST GAME of netball and celebrate our birthday's, it's also a bit of a going away party too.

Onto next weekend.... da da da... I am going to Melbourne to watch the INBA. I have never been to one of these events before and it should be a real eye-opener. I am really looking forward to meeting a lot of people I know, but have never met. So I will be meeting people for coffee at a coffee shop near the venue.

What a lovely long post (by my standards)
Cheers everyone,
Kelly

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Kelly, you must be so excited. It is getting so close now to your overseas trip. I know I am excited for you. How I'd love another trip overseas...

Enjoy the INBA. I went to one in SA and it is amazing what people can do and their muscles. Absolutely amazing.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your last game of netball

Kristy