Saturday, July 14, 2007

Melbourne INBA

I went to the Melbourne INBA today. It was an amazing experience. I was in awe of the dedication these girls put themselves through to get to competition standard.
I got to meet Sue, Jodie, Hilde, Selina, Kerry and her friend Kerry, Ali and Natalie. We had coffee at Choclatte on Bourke Rd Camberwell before heading down to the pre-judging show. Photos were taken while at coffee, but my camera sometimes is not well behaved so the other girls will email through some groups shots I'm sure.
At the pre-judging there were many classes and it will be interesting to see if the girls I thought were well defined etc won or not. The Fitness class was amazing, what those girls can do is whoa!!! There were so many sports model competitor's and this division is spread out over the whole pre-juding show. One of the girls obviously had lost a lot of weight to be in the comp , it may have been a reward at the end of the weight loss journey. She had quite a lot of loose skin around her stomach etc, but how motivating to see her up there!!! She must be so proud of herself :)
Shar was sensational, I have photos but wont be able to put them on for about a week. She was sooo dark, Natalie and I nearly didn't recognise her. When I came home I showed my Nan a comparison of her in her blog picture when she was bigger compared to the photos today, Nan nearly fell over!!!!
After sitting down for the 3 hour show I was starting to feel a little ill. Maybe from the air con or dehydration, or maybe the lights but I had a headache and decided to come home and miss the awards. It was going to be a 3 hour wait and so made the executive decision to hop the train and head home. Like everyone now I'll need to wait to hear results.
See you,
Kelly

2 comments:

Ali said...

It was such a pleasure to meet you Kelly, all the very best in China!!!

Alixx

SeLiNa said...

Hey Kel, was fun eh!!
HOpe life isn't too stressful at the moment!!! make sure you check-in before you head off!!!