Sunday, July 22, 2007

holidays continued...

Well what to say about my holidays? Not too much at all! So this is a pretty boring recount.

I went to visit my Great-Grandmother in her nursing home on Monday last week, it was her 94th birthday. Her eye sight has deteriorated dramatically in the past few years and she had trouble recognising me when I first came in. I had to get real close and say 'hello Grandma it's Kelly'. She still was a bit apprehensive as it was a surprise and she wasn't expecting me. We had a big chat and then I continued on driving back to Traralgon.
I can't account for Tuesday!!!!!! (it has disappeared never tob e seen again)
Wednesday it was snowing on the hill surrounding the Latrobe Valley. It was extremely cold 7.3 degrees I think. I went to visit my step-dad's father who is sick. We chatted for about 2 hours, I told them about my travel blog and my Aunt and Grandad saved it as a favourite.
Thursday Mum and I drove to Melbourne for an appointment.
Friday I had my hair nicely coloured and got my nails french gel'd. I didn't get the tips as my nails grow quite nicely. I just wanted the gel to protect the nail from breaking. I went out for tea with 3 of my friends and got a lovely surprise a voucher for my birthday. Thanks so much girls!!!
Saturday I went down the street with Mum for some groceries and then went and watched TTU netball. I used to play for TTU before I moved to Wodonga. Nearly all the girls playing were different from when I played. The quality was verrrry different too. I always explained that our Mitta 'A' Grade in the Tallangatta and District was close North Gippslands 'B' Grade, but after yesterday we are on a par with their 'A' Grade too. This makes me feel pretty good because years ago I was only playing 'C' Grade down here, now I'm 'A' Grade a Mitta (or used to be)Sooooo... I must have improved ehh?????

See ya
Kell

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hi Kelly,

so cool to "hear" from you on my blog today! Can't believe that you are off to China soon. How long for & will you be keeping this blog going? I'll definitely be keeping in touch if so.

Enjoy your netball & holidays!
Cheers,
Cate