Saturday, July 22, 2006

One more day...

Only one more day until I start my challenge. I try to be very organised... but I just can't do it at the moment. I feel like I can't control what is happening around me, so much is happening. I never... I mean never leave the house without making the bed, so I'm not feeling too good about the fact that I didn't make the bed four days this week. As a women and I have a strong belief that we can and often do do many tasks at the same time, (unfortunately men will do one task only at one time), therefore I when I leave the house cleaning to Kane, well you can imagine the result, not much done!!!

When I start my 12 week challenge I know and have discussed with Kane the fact that he is going to have to do a lot around the house to help. And in the past week he really has been helping with cooking and the dishes, but its all those little things that I innately think of such as, 'I wonder if the washing basket's full?' or 'will we have the right things for dinner tomorrow, do I need to go to the shops' or 'we're having chicken for tea, I'll get that out to defrost before work', my BF just does not function like that.
...I know... I need to get over this, but being almost obsessive compulsive about all this makes it hard to let go I suppose, even writing about this makes me jittery. So this will be a big hurdle for me.

The last couple of days have been on hyper-speed. I got my program Thursday??? I think! (See I can't even remember!) I have been to the gym this morning to get my measurements done. Question... Should I trust the Bodyfat scales at the gym? There is 3% difference between my scales home and the scales at the gym (taken the same day, 1/2 hour difference maybe, I didn't eat or drink). I asked for a gym program card to write Sue's program on as it has a section for sets/reps as well. I purchased a training diary, but I didn't like the way you had to write in the same things in each day. The program card seems easier for me.

Today I spent the day in the garden I feel 'dead', it's a huge workout for your body, all those squats, pulling plants out, raking, digging, planting, watering, cleaning. My eyes are tired, my back is sore from bending over, etc. So I am in my PJ's ready for bed... it's only 7.30 on a Saturday night!!! (Feeling my age)

My birthday is on Tuesday and I also need to go shopping with Kane to find a present. I am thinking about an Ipod to use when training and maybe a polar watch with a heart monitor, maybe I'll ask Mum to get me some perfume too.

Also Kane a I are planning to to overseas next year to teach. There is a fantastic group called Search-Associates which help to place teachers in International Schools across the world, so I found out on Wednesday that there is a seminar in Melbourne next Friday all about teaching overseas, etc. So I've had to write an internet application, an application to attend the seminar and pay $180 to attend as well, (Gee that sound repetitive) now with everything else going on this is all too much to wrap my head around as well, try my best though.

So next week I will start my challenge on Monday, have my birthday on Tuesday, go to Melbourne Friday at 12.30, drive 3+ hours to Melbourne, have an interview with Search-Associates 4.15, attend a seminar at 6pm until 9pm, drive home and play netball at Mitta Mitta (90+ km away from Wodonga), then attend a Mitta Football Club social function called Mitta Idol, apparently I am in an act or two, but I have no idea what I'm doing! Kane is going to sing a Frank Sinatra song! All while doing my first week of a 12 week challenge, it will be a challenge!!
Cheers guys,
Kelly
xxxxx

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hi again Kelly.

Wow, you sure have a lot on.

I start week 6 tomorrow, and I was talking to my husband just last night about what is different this time around in that I have never made it past 2 weeks in any of these types of challenge before.

I think the main reason is that this time I consciously decided to be "selfish." I've said no to a number of invites out, I've not done nearly as much housework as I could have, and have basically made this the priority in my life.

Not as easy as it sounds - I still have two extremely busy teenagers, a husband & stuff happening all around - but in pulling back from some of the external things, I've managed to not miss a day exercising thus far which is a miracle for me.

You mentioned how women multi-task & men seem to zone in on the one thing - I realised that this isn't a bad thing to do actually, after catching myself loading the washing machine between lat pulldown sets! :-O I now try to put everything else aside when I am exercising - that alone is the priority. Messy houses etc - can go another day, but your exercise cannot!

Hope this helps! With love from one control freak to another !! ;-)