Sunday, August 13, 2006

Week 3 Day 7 Injured!

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had netball, we played the top team without our 'real team'. This team was tough. The defenders I played on in goals are good, my head came up to their shoulders, felt like I kept kissing them!!! Their arm length was freakish! I play in a country league, these girls should be and used to play in the premier league 'Ovens and Murray'. Any how, the girl I usually play with Karla had a commitment and couldn't play (same as last time we played them in round 6) and so I was left to do the duties with our defender!!! and the B grade shooter! Last time we played them with the said combination we got flogged, something like 11-60??? Yesterday it was more a respectible 23-55! Hopefully if we get far enough in the finals we will do even better with a full team!

Injured! In the first quarter I tripped over my players foot and slam.... left hip hit the concrete... HARD! Bloody knee, sore shoulder too... no biggy, but gee my hip is so sore. I was limping around at the vote count/presentation night last night and everyone thought I had hurt my ankle, but no, it was my hip! Thus, I am not sure how cardio will go this week. I was keen to wake up this morning and go for a power walk... yes get back on the wagon! but it is just too sore, I'm still slightly limping around. I may have to do a bit on the exercise bike at the gym this week until I can move around freely. Any suggestions?

Kane got hit in the head yesterday so he has three stiches, luckily there was a docter there yesterday so they popped in a general and did the stitching during half time and back on he went, friggin boys!!! He is feeling a bit sorry for himself today.

Yesterday I did really well with food.

M1 - Porridge with cottage cheese and sugar free maple syrup (becoming my favourite!)
M2 - Guarana shot and sandwich plate at football.
M3 - Chicken pie (free meal)
M4 - Protein bar and manderine
M5 - Grilled fish and salad.

I had a few woodstocks last night and so I couldn't sleep last night, might be the sugar in it or maybe the caffeine. Got terrible cramps as well. Bloody cats didn't help!

So my weigh in day is tomorrow but I took a sneak peak today!!! My last four days have been quite good in terms of nutrition and so it is paying off on the scales. A big effort on the food today and I should report good result tomorrow to Michelle. Fingers crossed!

Lots of water today, eggs this morning, roast for lunch and fish tonight again.

Positives...
Each day I wake up lay flat on my back and feel my stomach. It is definately getting smaller, plus I bought my first pair of size 10's on Wednesday night. Results are coming as slack as I've been. Onwards and upwards my friends!

Have a great Sunday,
Kelly

2 comments:

Bec said...

Hi Kelly, glad to see that you are back on the wagon. I think that we sometimes need these bad days to get stronger and more determined.

Sorry you got injured at netball, yikes. They sound dangerous. And I hope your bf gets better soon. Poor thing.

Brooke's b'day was great. I'll have to post some pics soon.

Cheers
Rebecca

Cat said...

Wow - you accident prone creatures!! lol

Hope the injuries are healing (plenty of ice packs) & well done for getting back on track.

Have a great day!
Cate