Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Week 4 Day 2 Sick!!!

I am sitting in bed today at 5.30 (been here from 4.30 watching Bold and Beautiful) sick, sick, sick! I've been feeling pretty crappy since Saturday morning but kept plodding along. Yesterday the headache and dry mouth started despite the 3 litres of water and today the tiredness just has not left. I've had 2 litres of water so far and still have a 'heavy head.' You know that feeling? it just a pain-in-the arse, so I'm expecting a full on cold tomorrow and a sore throat! So in bed I am trying to rest and get better quick.

In my last post I mentioned that I had hurt my hip. On Sunday I stood in the Yackandandah creek for 20 minutes to try and bring out any bruises etc. (BF swears by it) I got out of the creek and started to feel a twinge in my right knee, it got worse and worse until I was limping around on my right leg! (Lucky the creek fixed my left hip!) I went to the osteopath yesterday arvo and he discovered a strained muscle in the back of my calf/knee. He worked on it and know it is quite purple... blue... black!
Very pretty, but very sore. I've emailed Sue and Michelle and I am to rest it until Thursday on my osteos orders, and then try to run on Thursday night. So there goes my cardio. I must be extra strict on nutrition to keep on track. Lots of water to get rid of nasty toxins and keep my fingers crossed that I am OK to play in the elimination final this Sunday. If you pray... Pray for me!!

Allrighty must try to sleep a bit know, hoping everyone is well, I've been checking everyone's blogs and it must be a busy time of year... Know that I'm thinking of everyone!
Top: The back of my knee
Below: The inside of my calf
Cheers
Kelly

3 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Kelly I hope you feel better soon - everyone seems to be coming down with the flu lately.

Wow those bruises are impressive! You are black and blue alright! Hope it gets better soon. How does this creek work???

Hilary xx

Cat said...

Ouch!!! You poor thing. Rest up & don't beat yourself up about not exercising the next few days.

Unfortunately, am with you with the cold thing - a trans-Tasman flu-fest! :-)

Bec said...

Oh Kelly, you poor thing. That is a nasty looking bruise! Plus a cold/flu as well. Poor thing. I am thinking of you. Just hang in there and keep up the water intake.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that you can play this weekend. Only if you keep yours crossed that I haven't put on weight (as per my post) lol.

We are almost half way!!

Cheers
Rebecca