Monday, September 11, 2006

Week 8 Day 1

Kane's Footy team


Good news... and very bad news!!!

The bad news... we lost, the good news... it was even at half time, 15 goals all. The very bad news... We lost by 22 goals!

Yes, you read right! We lost by 22 goals in 1 half of netball! How hard is that to write!
More good news... Kane won his Grandfinal so it was a big weekend. He played really well and got a medal and all that jazz.

Back to the game. After half time our coach made changes and we kinda lost it from there. They got the first 6 goals in the third quarter before I even touched the ball. Then I missed a few (it was very gusty) and I got taken off in the last quarter! Game over. We got a dumb patch that says runners-up (losers badge, I've called it!) and a fake squishy netball from Netball Victoria. So I got a pocket knife, put a hole in the badge and wore it around my neck with a lanyard all night (You can see it in the pictures below). I've decided... I made it to the Grand final from 5th on the ladder and I'll be proud. A couple of the footballers asked if I wanted to swap my badge for their medal, I said, 'No, mines bigger than yours!'

So I'm a little sleepy, back to the real world tomorrow and will again try to make sense out of my update. Cheers everyone for you positive comments and well wishes for the weekend.
Oh.. and a big congrats to Carolyn, you look wonderful!




Izzy, Laura and I stealing the Seniors Premiership Cup at the Eskdale Pub. Was a massive 7 hour drinking session. Got onto full shots of kahlua, and full shots of vodka and milks for $5 a pop. Cheap!











Laura and I with our 'losers' badge. Izzy with her head in the middle.












Izzy and Kane with the cup! Flo in the background!

7 comments:

Donna said...

Bad Luck on losing your game. Coming from 5th on ladder is a great effort so anyone playng in the Grand Final should be proud. Looks like you had fun drowning your sorrows anyway.

Donna

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about the game.

But you're definitely winners in the "party hard" category - LOL!

xx - Michelle

Carolyn said...

Looks like you all still had a good time in spite of the loss - never mind, better luck next season!

Cheers
Carolyn

SeLiNa said...

Damn that!! nevermind, great effort to get there. Don't ya just hate those games that fall apart in the second half!!
Your after parties looked heapsa fun! I love those pics of you, u look like you're having a ball!!
So's that it for you now? Do you play indoor or anything else in the off-season?

xoxo

little rene said...

Bad Luck Kelly, but you all look soooo happy that it is hard to feel too sad for you :)

I loved your advice to Rebecca in her last blog. You sound like a lovely person!

love

renexxx

Miss Positive said...

Sorry to hear that you lost... but at least you had other stuff to celebrate.

Great photos - looks like you all had a fantastic time!

Hilary xx

Bec said...

Sorry to hear that you guys lost Kel, at least you got to have a massive celebration!!! That is the main bit. Lol.

I have decided to chuck in the challenge and just be healthy and sensible from now on. I feel a lot better about this decision and just didn't need the extra stress for the moment. I am right here watching you though, you go strong for both of us!

Cheers
Rebecca