Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Motivating Myself

I piked!!

I got myself all ready and phsyched, and I piked (Damn!!!). I had all my meals planned and I was going to go swimming in the morning and weights in the arvo, but Kane didn't buy me cottage cheese and guess what? It was easier not to do it than go and buy cottage cheese! How pathetic.

It is now two days after Monday and I have not started my program, but at least have done 2 power walks. I have just msg'd a netball friend to see if she would like to get fit with me. Maybe a training partner will motivate me again.

I went to the doctor this morning for a referral to get a full blood count done including cholesterol. My family on my Mum's side has a very strong history of high cholesterol, and my Nan had open heart surgery 6 weeks ago as a complication of not being medicated eary on (Controlled diet didn't work for my Nan or my Mum). I have known this for a while, but kept thinking 'I'm only 26, I couldn't possibly have high cholesterol'. Anyway spose we will find out when I have the tests done, I think I'll have it done on Thursday morning, I have to fast and the doc said the best time to get in done is 'mid morning' due to the oldies going in so earlier, therefore it's busy.

Tomorrow I also have an appointment with a natrapath, I think mostly out of curiosity. I wonder if the blood test and natrapath comes up with similar diagnosis'! Tomorrow I also have a shiatsu massage, this lady comes to my house, will be great to have my knots worked on, he he he!!!!!

Thursday it's a full facial done with dermalogica cosmetics etc! Looking forward to this.

Ok, so I still haven't heard from my friend about getting fit together, since I started writing this post. Fingers crossed,


Cheers
Kelly

3 comments:

Bec said...

Hi Kelly,

How did that walk go? I seriously think that it is too hot to exercise at the moment!! Lol.

Good luck on starting your fitness plan, you can do it :)

Have a great weekend
Rebecca

SeLiNa said...

I hope you went with your friend missy!!!
It is easy to just not do it, but you know how you feel once its done, so much better and not guilty!!
Let us know how you went with your appts, will be interesting to see :)
Have a nice weekend
xoxox

Anonymous said...

hmmmm massage and facial, what a way to spoil yourself. Enjoy!! :) Once you get started on your fitness/health plan you will be fine. Sometimes starting is the hardest thing.