Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 2 of being good

Wow, this is a change. I have been good for two whole days.

I woke up this morning at 5.30 for a 5-6km walk with my friend, we left while it was dark and the sun came up 25mins in. Got my heart rate up to 173bpm with the hills, with an average of 156bpm. I burnt 344 calories, whoo hoo! Came home and had brekkie and show and got ready for work. I'm feeling the early start now though...

Meals today -
M1 - Cottage cheese, oats and strawberry conserve porridge
M2 - Left over dinner - Beef stir-fry, rice and veg
M3 - Nuts
M4 - Found it hard to choose something I wanted here. I had three rice cake with avocado and a nut bar.
M5 - Low fat creamy tomato gluten free pasta with mushrooms and bacon.
Drinks - Organic low fat milk hot chocolate with M4

Looking at that I think I had too many fats today, even if they are good fats. I wonder if too many 'good' fats will still help to lower my cholesterol.

I've been getting this strange pain in my chest/abdominal area for the past four days. It is particularly worse when I am hungry. I thought it might have been indigestion, but it has not become better after three quick-eze chews. Might have to ask the natrapath about that one cause there is not way I'm going to pay $50 for the doc at this stage.

Kane goes on school camp tomorrow to an urbane camp in Melbourne so I am BF free for three days, twill be nice me thinks! :)

Cheers
Kelly
xxx

2 comments:

Bec said...

Hi Kelly,

I have been so busy I have not had a chance to write a comment. But just wanted to say that I hope you are feeling better. Ir ead your home truths and just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who feels like this. Everyone has there 'moiments' good and bad.

But it sounds as though you are really starting to get back into fitness and exercise. Good on you. We don't have to be perfect all the time, so just try your best. That is what I 'try' to do.

Are you still planning to teach overseas? Maybe some travel would be really good to do :)

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend.

Rebecca
ps. There is nothing wrong with surfing the net, I do it all the time too!!

SeLiNa said...

Hey Kel, I too have read your bitz and bobz and hope you're feeling a little better about everything.
Stay strong girl and have a nice weekend :)